2009년 5월 23일 토요일

2009 March GQ Magazine Interview

2009 March GQ Magazine Interview | 2009.02.23



“What’s boiling~”

Lee Jun Ki said that he has changed. How can anyone change like that, but as we look upon what he’s been through, he’s definitely not the same. He once confessed that he didn’t know how to handle his sudden stardom in the past. No one in their 20’s can live with passion as much as Lee Jun Ki does in his life. A hot blooded actor has many things to achieve and wants to be at his best all the time, that’s why he always boils up, ready to erupt.

Q: What did you see out of the window today?
Jun Ki: I saw only walls, and I also have blinders up. Even when I want to look out and take a peep around, I cannot do so. Being in 4th-floor privacy, no matter how you look at it, it’s like being in prison without bars.

Q: I don’t know why, but I think it suits you somehow.

Jun Ki: I just want to be alone. Like if I feel like watching movies, playing games, surfing the internet, searching for data, and working out and stuff, I’d be able to do so.

Q: I thought you would be busy.

Jun Ki: Let’s see, if I cross out the 3-hour sleeping time. What do I have? I used to sleep a lot, but when I have things to do, I ended up having insomnia. I always run after time, and crave for more time, things like that; reading gossips, searching Naver and those activities. Being an actor is no different from a life of study. Looking at the surroundings and people’s lives, this kind of life is alright for me.

Q: I don’t really get how it would be alright. But I heard that an Aries would be good at adjusting oneself.
Jun Ki: True. I’m an Aries. Originally, I’m the type of person who doesn’t talk much and is not so friendly. Moreover, I used to look down on people lower than me. I was that style, but I have changed a lot.

Q: But people don’t change…
Jun Ki: I know that, too. How can anyone change? But I did nonetheless. I became famous so suddenly. People look up to me in a certain way. So, I tried to change who I was. It’s good for me both as the actor, Lee Jun Ki and as a human being, Lee Jun Ki.

Q: The popularity from the King and the Clown was so overwhelming. Why did you choose to get rid of that in the following production?
Jun Ki: Even when they’re not trying, young actors absorb their characters and people look at them that way. If you let that go, then it’ll become a minus. Even though it’s hard, I like killing my character identities, and making the new characters over and over again. So, the audience could see the efforts, I don’t know if they do, but…

Q: You’re being hot on screen in the most part. Last year’s Iljimae, too, we can see the efforts you put in.

Jun Ki: That’s why I get angry a lot. I want to be admired as an actor, so I don’t want to rest at all. It’s not only me; the staff had to work hard, too. That killed me, because I was the one who was being praised. I used to hate the compliment “being smart/bright” a lot. I get applause because I’m an actor.

Q: “Hot” actor, “hot” acting, it’s always like that. Is there any inelegant moment?

Jun Ki: I still have little experience in acting. It’s not right to say that the audience indicates how well I act. But I receive their response, too. I’m greedy as a young actor. I want to use my energy while I can. I want all my managers to be as convenient as possible. Trendy or mellow dramas are more profitable and able to attract the female fans, but a guy in his 30’s would be more appropriate in that role. Isn’t he? As I look into the mirror, I don’t think I have such quality. After I return from the army, then I would want to be in some mellow drama.

Q: What do you think about F4 drama?
Jun Ki: The managers want me to do a drama like that. But I don’t want to. I prefer a role that I enjoy, the role that I cannot miss out.

Q: Very rigid of you to say that. Not only your acting ability, but also when you receive an award, you always give a powerful speech. It seems like you give a speech based on the award you receive.
Jun Ki: Yes, I am like that.

Q: This kind of feeling is like the people in demo. I don’t like this, I’m like that. Is it?
Jun Ki: Right. Hahaha! I want to be proper and accurate. Like… how should I act in each circumstance? I care about those things. Be playful during a play time. That’s why I did “Oongie Abeoji” at the SBS Awards.

Q: During such a performance, it’s like you wanted to show the audience that you can do it.
Jun Ki: Yes. Hahaha!

Q: As you grow, what have you accomplished?
Jun Ki: I gradually become shameless. I have to because being an actor means you have to be able to act. If you don’t act, then what would you be doing?

Q: There are some actors who can act (be fake) in real life better than in the roles they play.
Jun Ki: That’s why I have to hold a fan meeting, so that I can open up to the fans, and so that they can understand me.

Q: Being 28?

Jun Ki: Yes. I’m 28 (Korean age) years old. I think being at my age is a charm. I can be awkward (or inelegant), because I am an actor and that’s a burden. I used to go to the shooting scene, work and come back. Now, I’m just being myself, I also swear.

Q: When were you most peaceful?
Jun Ki: When I gained weight.

Q: Lee Jun Ki gained weight, too?
Jun Ki: I gain weight easily. Right now, too, I gained 2 kg. I’m practicing singing; I see Hyun Jin Young-shi and think that if I gain weight, my voice would become better. So, to be able to sing better I gained weight. Anyway, it’s my resting time (no drama) it’s normal to gain some weight. But my voice isn’t getting better, only the weight I gained. I think I have to lose weight faster.


Q: Losing and gaining weight must have been stressful. What do you worry about these days?
Jun Ki: Not long ago, I had some worries, but its ok now. I want to stock up on both a successful career and fortune. So, I…

Q: Pile up on a successful career and money, how nice?
Jun Ki: Yes, it is nice. If not nice, I’d be retired then. But I have to control myself from falling into it (success). Previously the problem with my agency was like that. No one noticed it, but it had been a rough year for the entire year for me. I had a few months where I couldn’t even laugh. All the hardship I had, finally it came from things I had done.

Q: If not an actor, how can we imagine Lee Jun Ki?
Jun Ki: Right now, you can’t. Even though I’m an actor; I also want to be perceived as an artist. There are many things I want to do. So, I’m worried a bit.

Q: No time for love, then?
Jun Ki: Even though I have to experience some romance, work holds that down. It’s always with manager, manager, and manager. We’d all be sitting at the bar, drinking and talking about work. It’s like a guy thing.

Q: That’s tiresome.
Jun Ki: It happens to be that way.

Q: What do you expect from a woman?
Jun Ki: Well, love is a relaxation. As each other’s “other half”, I like a girl that can tolerate me. I am not sure, we’ll see.

Q: What can a woman expect from you?
Jun Ki: Um… Financial status?

Q: Besides that, do you have anything to add?
Jun Ki: Financial status. Hahaha! Is it alright?

Q: No. Let’s just wrap up. What kind of man are you?
Jun Ki: Well, what kind of man am I? Previously, I used to be rough and easy going type. Now I don’t really know.

Q: Will you let us know if you’re in love?

Jun Ki: Sure.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기